National Pizza Day
Happy National Pizza Day. Are you looking for ways to celebrate the iconic Italian dish? We can help. Here is a simple pizza base recipe, and some of our favourite topping ideas for the whole family to enjoy. Tag us in your creations @babease.
Super Simple Pizza Base:
- 250g self raising flour
- 4 tbsp oil
- 100ml warm water
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well, and add the oil.
- Slowly add the water until you reach a dough consistency (you might not need all of the water).
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll our pizza bases to about a 5mm thickness.
- Add your toppings.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is baked.
Pizza making is a great way to get your little foodie involved in the kitchen. Why not lay out a selection of toppings for them to create their own pizza - this will help develop a positive relationship with food and encourage them to try new ingredients. Pizza is also perfect finger food for tiny hands. Pack in the veg, and cut up for your baby.
Bored of regular tomato sauce? Our pouches are packed with veg, and perfect to be used as pizza sauce. Pick a flavour and give it a go as your base. Then add your choice of toppings:
- Homemade pesto.
- Cut up vegetables.
- Roast chicken.
- Tuna, or other fish of choice.
- Cheese of choice.
- Try adding some herbs for extra flavour.
Share your #NationalPizzaDay with us @babease.