Recipe: Sweet Potato Soup
This soup is a good source of vitamin A, C and iron. Great on its own, or served with a side salad for a light lunch, it works just as well with broth or stock if you do not have the coconut milk to hand.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil (or another oil of your choice)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped 1 stick of celery,
- roughly chopped
- 1⁄2-1 tsp curry powder
- 250 - 300ml broth or stock (our nourishing broth is perfect for this)
- 450g sweet potatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk (or extra broth/stock)
- few sprigs of coriander (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the onions in a large pan with the coconut oil and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and spices and cook until fragrant. Add the broth and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into chunks, add to the pan and cook for 10 mins with the lid on the pan. Pour in the coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Place into a blender and blitz until smooth, adding more broth if needed. Season to taste and serve with fresh coriander if you fancy. It will keep in the fridge for a few days, or alternatively, freeze in portions for up to 6 months.