Recipe: Thai Green Chicken Curry
Photography: Uyen Luu
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated Fresh Ginger
- 300g Chicken Thighs, cut into thin strips
- 200g Pumpkin, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 stick Lemongrass, bruised
- 3 or 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 head of Broccoli, cut into florets
- 200g Peas
- Juice of a Lime
- a handful of chopped Coriander
- Optional: Prik Nam Pla (Thai Chilli Fish Sauce), Green Chilllies, Thai Basil.
- Serve with Brown Rice and Lime Wedges
- Add a splash of oil to your pan and place over a medium heat, add the garlic and ginger and cook for a minute, then add the chicken and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, lemongrass and Kaffir lime leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the broccoli, peas, lime juice and coriander and cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are just tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the lemongrass and lime leaves before serving.
- For the grown ups add a splash of fish sauce (this is too salty to serve to your little ones) and garnish with lime leaves, chillies and thai basil (if you can get hold of it).
- Serve with brown rice and lime wedges.