Recipe: Turkey Bolognese
Makes 4-6 portions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, picked
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 500g free-range turkey breast, minced
- 250g tomato passata
- 250g no salt stock, chicken or vegetable (as preferred)
- 2 carrots, peeled, ends removed and finely grated
- Take a pot and add the olive oil, add the onion and cook for 5-8 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Then add the crushed garlic, thyme leaves and dried oregano (if using) and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the turkey mince and brown the mince, take some time to do this, carefully breaking up the mince with a spatula. You want the mince to be broken down and starting to brown: this will take around 5 minutes.
- Then add the tomato passata, stock and grated carrot: bring the up to the boil
- Cover with a lid, reduce to a medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the Bolognese is completely cooked through.
- Whilst the Bolognese is cooking you can cook your pasta, the Bolognese should now be ready add a generous spoon of the sauce.
This recipe has been served with Daylesford tubetti pasta, but the sauce can also be blitzed to a smooth sauce and served with baby pasta.