These nacho-style chickpea crisps are perfect for baby-led weaning. They offer yet another tasty way for your little one to enjoy protein-packed chickpeas with a range of veggie toppings.
Serve on their own as a quick weaning snack or combine with the Babease Mexican Beans pouch for an easy baby dinner full of exciting flavours!
- 130g chickpea flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 60ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp warm water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Make the tortilla dough by combining the chickpea flour, baking powder and pepper in a bowl before mixing in the olive oil with a fork.
- When the dough is crumbly, add the water bit by bit, combining with your hands.
- Once you have a good dough consistency, place the dough onto a sheet of baking parchment and use a rolling pin to roll it flat. How thin you roll the dough will depend on how crispy you want your nacho crisps to be.
- Once rolled out, cut the dough into triangle shapes to create the iconic tortilla crisps. You could also get creative with the shape of your crisps by using cookie cutters.
- Slide the sheet of nacho crisps onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and serve either on their own, with mashed avocado or with our Mexican Beans pouch for a tasty weaning meal full of texture!