Simply blend the vegetables to desired consistency before adding herbs & spices for your baby to enjoy! Add a burst of flavour by adding some ginger & spices if your little one is at the right stage.
280g pumpkin, chopped
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tbs coriander
1 tbs cumin
180ml veg stock (or water)
1 400g can chickpeas, drained
170ml coconut milk
- Heat a pan over medium heat with a splash of oil.
- Add pumpkin and onion, let cook, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ginger, garlic and spices, cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in veg stock, passata, coconut milk and chickpeas.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until pumpkin is tender, can keep at a simmer until ready to serve.
- Remove a portion for your little one and then season the remainder with salt to taste.
- Serve over rice with a squeeze of lime juice, a dollop of yogurt and a shrinking of coriander.
More recipes for you and your family to cook at home.