Packed with Omega 6, B vitamins, vitamin E, iron, magnesium, potassium and selenium, these handy little snacks are perfect to keep hunger at bay. Feel free to go to town with whatever spices you like, or have on hand!
100g pumpkin seeds
100g sunflower seeds
100g whole nuts (almonds, pecans etc)
1 tsp smoked paprika (we like the hot one)
salt to taste
1⁄4 tsp ground coriander
1⁄4 tsp ground cumin
chilli flakes, to taste
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2.
- Place all the nuts and seeds onto a non-stick tray, and roast for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove and add the spices, syrup and oil and stir to coat.
- Roast for another 5-10 minutes until fragrant and toasted.
- Cool before storing in a jar. They will keep well for 1-2 months.
The recipes you tried and the hacks you used, because who has every ingredient in the house anyway?