Packed with Omega 6, B vitamins, vitamin E, iron, magnesium, potassium and selenium, these handy little snacks are perfect to keep hunger at bay. This vegan-friendly recipe can even be enjoyed with your baby during stage 2 of weaning!
Feel free to go to town with whatever spices you like or have on hand!
100g pumpkin seeds
100g sunflower seeds
100g whole nuts (almonds, pecans etc)
1 tsp smoked paprika (we like the hot one)
salt to taste
1⁄4 tsp ground coriander
1⁄4 tsp ground cumin
chilli flakes, to taste
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2.
- Place all the nuts and seeds onto a non-stick tray, and roast for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove and add the spices, syrup and oil and stir to coat.
- Roast for another 5-10 minutes until fragrant and toasted.
- Cool before storing in a jar. They will keep well for 1-2 months.