These nutritious and allergy-friendly flapjacks are a great snack or breakfast for kids! They’re super easy to stir together and store well in the fridge or freezer!
Our delicious fruity pouch flapjacks are dairy-free and can easily be made gluten-free by using your favourite gluten-free oats and they are vegan too.
They are suitable for weaning babies from around 6 months (providing you don't add the honey) but they can easily be enjoyed by bigger kids and grown-ups.
This recipe was created for us by the lovely @yummy_little_belly.
1 medium ripe banana (ours was approx 130g)
150g porridge oats (use gluten-free if required)
1 tbsp flax seeds or chia seeds
1 Babease fruity pouch (100g)
30g coconut oil, melted
1 handful raisins, roughly chopped
OPTIONAL: 1 tbsp of maple syrup/honey to make them sweeter (avoid honey for babies under 1 year)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl smash the banana then add oats, flaxseed, Babease pouch, coconut oil and raisins and mix well until combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray and smooth over using a spoon, ensure the mixture is evenly spread.
4. Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
5. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool completely (cool fully before slicing to prevent the bars from crumbling when slicing).
6. Slice into bars and serve.
More recipes for you and your family to cook at home.