Trick or Treat?! There are no tricks with our healthy Halloween pops! These spooky boonanas are super quick and easy to make, and little ones will love their fun design and frightfully scrumptious flavour. They really are ghoulishly good!
1 Babease pouch (we used the Babease Greek Style Yogurt Mango Coconut & Oat)
50g desiccated coconut
- Peel three bananas and cut them in half.
- Squeeze the Babease pouch into a bowl and coat the bananas in it.
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut onto a chopping board and roll the bananas in it.
- Add the raisins to make ghostly eyes and mouths.
- Optional: Pop in the freezer for a couple of hours to harden.
To Freeze or Not to Freeze
If you’re short on time, or baby prefers their food on the mushier side, then you can serve the boonanas after you’ve added the raisins, without freezing them. This will give a softer texture for baby to enjoy and saves you a bit of time.
But for the best (and most ghostly) results, it’s recommended you pop the pops in the freezer for a couple of hours to harden. For weaning babies, this will be a much appreciated step, as the cooling feel will help to soothe sore gums. Plus, the coldness really adds to the ghostly vibe of these nibbles.