Full of essential nutrients that babies need to thrive, like vitamin B6, vitamin C, and potassium, this simple banana french toast recipe is the perfect weaning finger food for babies ages six months and older!
Quick and easy to make, this recipe takes less than 15 minutes to prepare and cook.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 20 ml milk (of your choice)
- 3 small slices of wholemeal bread
- butter or oil for frying
- Mash the banana and combine it with the egg and milk, of your choice, in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until all of the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Make fingers out of the bread and dip each one into the mixture. Don't let it soak in the mixture; instead, swiftly dip it to coat both sides.
- In a frying pan, melt a little butter or oil and fry the bread slices for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve right away or keep in the fridge for up to 48 hours in an airtight container.
This tasty french toast recipe is perfect for breakfast as a delicious start to the day or even enjoyed as an afternoon snack.
Drizzle our pear and mixed berry pouch over the top of your little one's french toast as a healthy alternative to maple syrup or place it on the side of the plate as a tasty dip!
With our range of weaning pouches, the possibilities of flavours for this basic recipe are endless! Making this quick weaning idea the perfect bite for little fingers!