This Thai Green Chicken Curry is perfect for the whole family, including babies during Stage 2 weaning! Less than 30 minutes to prep and cook, it's a great option for busy families.
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
300g chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
200g pumpkin, diced
1 can coconut milk
1 stick lemongrass, bruised
3 or 4 kaffir lime leaves
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
juice of a lime
a handful of chopped coriander
Optional: prik nam pla (thai chilli fish sauce), green chilllies, thai basil.
Serve with brown rice and lime wedges
- Add a splash of oil to your pan and place over a medium heat, add the garlic and ginger and cook for a minute, then add the chicken and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, lemongrass and Kaffir lime leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the broccoli, peas, lime juice and coriander and cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are just tender and the chicken is cooked through. Remove the lemongrass and lime leaves before serving.
- For the grown ups add a splash of fish sauce (this is too salty to serve to your little ones) and garnish with lime leaves, chillies and thai basil (if you can get hold of it).
- Serve with brown rice and lime wedges.
More recipes for you and your family to cook at home.