Katsu curry is quickly becoming a family favourite. It’s also a wonderful way to introduce your little one to new flavours, so we’ve come up with a recipe for everyone to enjoy!
If your family is vegetarian, you can easily swap out the chicken for tofu or aubergine for extra veg!
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1cm ginger, grated
- 1tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2tsp ground turmeric
- 150ml coconut milk
- 5 mini breaded chicken fillets
- 1 x 250g pouch of cooked rice
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Chop the onion and carrots and cook until the onions are caramelised.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and turmeric to the frying pan. Once warmed through (after around 30 seconds), add the coconut milk and around 30ml of water. Mix and leave to simmer on a low heat for around 20 minutes.
- Cook the breaded chicken as per the packaging’s instructions.
- Once the onions and carrots in your pan have softened, blitz to make a sauce. If you don’t have a blitzer (hand or table-top blender), mash them as far as you can. If the sauce is too thick, just add water. Return to the pan to keep warm.
- Cook the rice as per the packaging’s instructions.
- Serve rice topped with breaded chicken and with the katsu sauce poured over the top.
More recipes for you and your family to cook at home.