You can’t go wrong with a bit of banana bread - especially when it’s gluten-free and perfect for everyone to enjoy!
Slices of banana bread make great go-to finger foods for budding foodies on the weaning journey. For a veggie twist, you can also add grated carrot. Make baby-led weaning that bit easier with our super-simple gluten-free banana bread recipe.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 8 seedless dates, blended into a paste
- 3 eggs
- 80ml coconut oil
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g gluten-free flour (you could also use almond meal)
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and prepare a loaf tin by lining it with baking parchment.
- Combine the bananas, dates, eggs, oil, cinnamon, vanilla and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and mix until combined. Sieve the gluten-free flour into the bowl, combining once again.
- Spoon your batter into the prepared tin and bake for between 45 minutes to an hour. You will know it is ready when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.