This gluten-free pancake mix is great to have to hand in your cupboard.
These dairy-free pancakes can be knocked up as quick as it takes to make a pot of coffee. They are full of fibre, B vitamins, magnesium and selenium and even make a great base for fritters!
The Flour Mix:
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup white rice flour
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/3 cup maize flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄4 cup of coconut sugar
For The Pancake Mix:
1 cup of pancake flour mix
1 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
1 cup nut milk of your choice
- Mix all the ingredients for the pancake flour mix in a big bowl and store in a large jar.
- To make the pancakes, put all the wet ingredients into a big bowl with a squeeze of lemon and beat together.
- Add 1 cup of flour mix and gently stir until combined. Add more milk if it feels too stiff.
- Heat a pan until medium-hot and brush with coconut oil.
- Ladle some of the mix into the pan and cook on one side until golden. Flip it over; the second side should take less time than the first.
- Keep warm in a tea towel until ready to serve, topped with your favourite topping.
More recipes for you and your family to cook at home.