This is a classic, perfect for little ones that are getting confident with new textures.
This weaning recipe is ideal for babies reaching the end of the second stage before they move onto crunchier foods.
Mixed root vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips or sweet potatoes
Olive oil for coating
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Thoroughly clean and peel your chosen vegetables before cutting them into long sticks, thin enough for babies to hold but not too thin that they become floppy.
- Spread the sticks out across a baking tray and coat with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for around 40 minutes, or until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Allow to cool before serving.