Tofu is a great source of protein and can provide an intriguing new texture for budding foodies.
These tasty little bites are the perfect size for little hands to get to grips with during baby-led weaning!
- 1 pack of extra firm tofu
- 350ml soy milk
- 6tbsp flour
- 90g ground flax
- 200g oats
- 4tbsp sesame seeds
- 2tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp onion powder
- 2tsp paprika
- ½tsp pepper
- Prepare the tofu by cutting or breaking it into chunks around the size of your thumb. Place these nuggets onto a paper towel before pressing another paper towel on top to squeeze out excess liquid. Leave for around 20 minutes.
- Preheat a baking sheet in the oven at 220°C.
- To make a wet batter, mix together the soy milk, flour and ground flax in a small bowl and leave to rest for around 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together the oats, seeds and seasonings.
- Coat the tofu pieces in the wet batter and then the dry coating. Spray each bite with a little oil before placing them on the preheated baking sheet and baking for 12 minutes.
- Flip the tofu bites and then bake for an additional 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Leave to cool before serving.
More recipes for you and your family to cook at home.