The casserole is one of the staples of winter, alongside frosted windows and hot chocolate.
The great thing about this recipe is that it can be made for the whole family before being mashed or blended for your little one, perfect for when they’re around nine months.
- 4 potatoes (sweet or regular)
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 300ml very low salt vegetable stock
- 1tsp cornflour
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 30g grated cheese
- Partly cook the potatoes for around eight minutes before draining.
- Chop all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and place into a casserole dish, then pour over the stock.
- Cover the lid and place in an oven at 200C for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are nearly cooked.
- Remove from the oven and add cornflour to the stock to thicken.
- Cover with breadcrumbs and grated cheese before returning to the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is cooked.
- Serve to the adults before blending or mashing to the desired consistency for your baby. Allow to cool before feeding.