This stage 2 weaning recipe is wonderfully warming, perfect for the winter months!
When mashing, you can leave some bigger lumps to provide an interesting and varied texture for your little one.
For some different flavours, try swapping the butternut squash with sweet potato or parsnip. Why not experiment with a combination of lightly roasted veggies?
350g butternut squash
200g chickpeas (canned)
50g onion (finely chopped)
A drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Warm the squash in the microwave for 5 minutes until tender.
- Put the squash in a roasting tin with a splash of olive oil and the chopped onion and roast for 7 minutes until golden.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the roasting dish. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mash to the desired consistency.