These Spiced Squash & Black Bean Enchiladas are a great twist on the classic mexican dish. I packed the wraps with black beans, squash and hearty spices and the family absolutely loved it! As I’m all about adding colour to our plates, I couldn’t not top these wholesome wraps with some creamy avocado and yogurt. Enjoy.
1 onion, finley chopped
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of smoked paprika
2 tsp of cumin
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 can of black beans
1/2 squash, cubed
1 pack of small corn or flour tortillas
Topping - avocado and yogurt
- In a large pot fry the oil and onion for 5 minutes, then add the spices, squash and beans.
- Stir well then add the chopped tomatoes. 200ml water and simmer for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Stir in the coriander to the beans.
- Grab the tortillas and fill them with the bean and squash mix (leaving some extra sauce for pouring over).
- Place in a roasting tray, the extra sauce can be poured over them.
- Bake for 15 minutes then top with avocado and yogurt.
The recipes you tried and the hacks you used, because who has every ingredient in the house anyway?