This easy mash is the perfect way to introduce some nutritious winter veggies to your little one.
Chock full of goodness, this mash is the perfect snack for little ones during stage one of the weaning journey.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 175g butternut squash (about one-fifth of a regular squash)
- 225ml water
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Cut your butternut squash and place it on a baking tray with the flesh facing up.
- Bake until soft, which will usually be around one hour but can be shorter if baked in smaller sizes. Once cooked, place the flesh into a bowl.
- Boil the sweet potatoes for around 20 minutes until soft. Add the flesh to the bowl.
- Mash the sweet potato and butternut squash to the desired consistency. Add water to thin the mash.